Information for Residents Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The team at Osgoode Properties cares deeply about the health of residents, the safety of our buildings, and the community at large. As part of our civic responsibility, we are committed to following the guidance of Canadian and World public health experts by taking recommended precautions. We would also like to thank all our tenants for practicing physical distancing and adhering to public health measures.
We are here to support our residents and communities during these uncertain times by sharing valuable resources and important updates with you – we will keep this page up-to-date as information changes. Stay healthy and stay safe everyone – we’ll get through this together!
Resident Updates From The Team at Osgoode Properties
- Information on Rent Payment
Important COVID-19 Resources
Health & Hygiene
- COVID-19 Information Sheet: Available in Multiple Languages
- Physical Distancing 101: General | For Older Adults
- Mental Health First Aid: Self-Care & Resilience Guide
- COVID-19 & Mental Health: Resources
- Mental Health Services & Crisis Hotlines: Crisis Services Canada | Kids & Teens Help Phone | Distress Centre Ottawa/Gatineau | Get Help Ottawa call 2-1-1 | Telaide Outaouais | Telephone Aid Line Kingston | Distress Centre Calgary | Distress Centre Edmonton
- Hand Sanitizing Guide and Approved Disinfectants List
- Cough Etiquette
- Grocery & Food Delivery: Click n Collect | Walmart | Costco | Gopher It | Uber Eats | Door Dash | Love Local Delivery (Ottawa Only)
- OTTAWA – Grocery Stores with Curbside Pick-Up or Delivery: Wellington Butchery | Kardish Healthfood Stores | Bryson Farms | Nicastros | Nats Bread Company | Thyme & Again | Herb & Spice – (curbside only) call 613-722-5747 | Dairy Products – email@example.com
- KINGSTON – Grocery Stores with Curbside Pick-Up or Delivery: Quattrocchi’s Speciality Foods | James’ Valu Mart
- EDMONTON & CALGARY – Grocery Stores with Curbside Pick-Up or Delivery: SPUD | Save on Foods | The Organic Box | Edmonton Grocer (Edmonton Only)
- ONTARIO – The Law Society of Ontario and the Ontario Bar Association: Emergency Family Law Referral Line, call 1-800-268-7568. Free 30 min consult for family law issues related to COVID-19.
- OTTAWA – Pre & Post Natal Virtual Support: Ottawa Childbirth Education | Milk Face Lactation Consultants | Ottawa Doula Services | National Capital Doulas
- KIDS – List of the Best Online Resources; Activities offered virtually or delivered (Ottawa Only):
Monkey Rock Music | Batter Up Bakery Kits
Emergency Food Assistance
- OTTAWA: call 613-745-7001 or view online Ottawa Food Bank Community Program Finder
- GATINEAU: Gatineau Food Bank Community Program Finder
- KINGSTON: Emergency Food/Meal Programs
- EDMONTON & CALGARY: call 2-1-1 or view directories online: Calgary | Edmonton
- MEALS ON WHEELS: Ottawa/Gatineau | Kingston | Edmonton | Calgary
- Online Fitness Discounts for Osgoode Residents: Love Your Body Fitness – 25% OFF Live Workouts! (2x/day Mon-Fri and 1x/day Sat-Sun; plus access to recorded content) discount code: OSGOODE | Pure Yoga Online – $5 OFF! discount code: 10AM20
- YMCA: Currently offering FREE access to online fitness videos through YMC 360
- KINGSTON: UFitKingston sharing free daily workouts via Facebook and Instagram
Supporting Local Businesses
Supporting Your Community
- Online Rent Payment here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are laundry rooms open?
Laundry rooms are open, and as an added convenience we are temporarily keeping them open 24 hours a day. Please be sure to respect all physical-distancing requirements while in these shared spaces.
Will I be notified if there is a COVID-19 case in my building?
Public health is leading communication about COVID-19 exposure and will directly contact anyone who has come into contact with a confirmed case.
Do I need to pay my rent?
Rent is still due on the first of the month. We recognize that you may be experiencing financial hardship related to COVID-19, and if this is the case, please contact your site office to learn more about reporting economic hardship.
We also strongly recommend that you pay your rent online. You can sign up here. If you need help setting up your account, please contact your site office and we will set you up with a specialist who can assist you virtually.
Can I submit a workorder?
In order to comply with physical-distancing requirements as outlined by public health, and to ensure our superintendents can focus on keeping buildings sanitized, we are only servicing urgent workorders at this time. This includes problems with: heat, water, flood, toilets, roof leaks, and broken windows, patio doors, fridges, or stoves.
You can submit your workorder by calling or emailing your site office.
If this is an after hours emergency, please call the emergency line at 613-729-0656 ext 3.
Are site offices open?
All site offices remain open – they’ve just gone virtual. To contact your site manager please email or call.
Our staff are continuing to check on buildings and pick up mail – they are simply doing so less frequently.
How can I rent an apartment?
We are able to do some virtual showings via facetime or skype – please contact our call center (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.